Holidays Near the Salzburgring
Racing fun combined with pure fast-paced thrills
Visit a place where the greats such as Niki Lauda and Gerhard Berger have celebrated great success – the Salzburgring. This legendary racetrack near Salzburg hosts exciting events and you can even test your driving skills on the track yourself! The Riedlwirt is the closest hotel to the Salzburgring – you can reach the racetrack in just minutes, making it the perfect homebase or place to fill up your stomach before a day at the racetrack!
Drive the Salzburgring racetrack
Have you always wanted to test the potential of your car? Why not drive the Salzburgring racetrack! Anyone can participate. Here are some important pieces of information on this exciting opportunity:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance
- Tickets are non-transferable
- Only road-approved or road-certifiable motorcycles and cars
- The maximum operating noise allowed is 98 decibels
- Passengers are not allowed
- Participants drive in groups of 30 – 35 cars
- Each group takes four turns; one turn lasts around 25 minutes
- Open: April to November from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Fast-paced racing at the Salzburgring
Each year the Salzburgring's calendar is full of exciting events. Highlights include the "Day of Thunder" on which carefully restored classic cars compete for the popular "Histo Cup", during which automobile fans race their favourite motor-driving machine. A different kind of spectacle is the "Skate the Ring" event. Rather than autos, inline skaters zip along the racetrack. Visit one of these exciting events at the Salzburgring – the Gasthof Am Riedl will be the perfect homebase!
Book overnight accommodation during the event or visit us for a bite to eat on your side trip to the Salzburgring – we look forward to seeing you!